Academy Strength and Conditioning Coach
The Academy Strength and Conditioning coach will assist, manage & develop Sport Science and Strength and Conditioning strategies in addition to being an applied practitioner based within the academy on a daily basis. The successful candidate will plan and deliver efficient and effective operations of the Ipswich Town Academy Strength & Conditioning Programme across all age phases (U9-U23), and with specific focus to the U18 & U9 to U16 squads.
The successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of the various Sports Science and Medicine disciplines and their impact on training and performance of elite athletes.
Reports to: Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine
Salary: £16,500 per annum.
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)
- To oversee, coordinate, develop and implement Strength and Conditioning training across the Foundation Development Phase (FDP) and the Youth Development Phase (YDP) the Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- To assist and implement Strength and Conditioning training in relation to the Professional Development Phase (PDP) alongside the Head of Sports Science and Medicine.
- To assess, plan and deliver Strength and Conditioning training to individual, small groups and teams on a daily basis, and as and when required by the ITFC Elite Performance Development Model focussing on Physical Development and Physical Performance outcomes.
- To oversee, coordinate, develop and implement Physical Development and Physical Performance testing, and contribute to the Physical Benchmarking of ITFC Academy.
- To oversee, manage and work collaboratively with all relevant staff in the management and reporting of physical exertion and training load monitoring for the YDP & FDP through the utilisation of GPS and subjective monitoring tools.
- To contribute to the Physical reporting of player development through the six and 12 week cycle player reviews.
- To ensure all relevant information is correctly input into the Performance Management/Clock applications (PMA).
- To be an integral part of the Elite Performance team, in conjunction with other medical, sports science, strength and conditioning, and psychology staff, in the development of both the Physical Development and Physical Performance pathways for the YDP & FDP.
- To ensure Youth Development Phase (YDP) players are physically ready to transition to PDP training alongside the medical team.
- To work within the multidisciplinary team to ensure elite player development
Location: The normal place of work will be the Ipswich Town Football Club Training
Ground, Playford Road, Rushmere, Ipswich IP4 5RQ.
You will be expected to undertake travel as is necessary to fulfil your job
requirements and to the satisfaction of Ipswich Town Football Club.
Hours: Flexibility is essential for this role. This is a full-time role requiring
flexibility to work regular evenings and weekends, plus regular travel to
away matches. Ability to work irregular and unsocial hours as required.
Work may be subject to change with less than 24 hours notice on
- BSc (Hons) Sports Science or equivalent.
- Experience working in a professional environment.
- UKSCA Accredited, or able to obtain within 12 months.
- Organisational & effective managerial skills.
- Excellent reporting skills (verbal & written).
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft office software.
- Working knowledge of EPPP.
- Complete enhanced FA DBS check with Ipswich Town.
- Attend an emergency Aid course provided.
- Masters degree in a relevant field.
- Physical Performance pathway level 3.
- Experience working in a professional football club.
- UFEA ‘B’ coaching qualifications.
- Specialist Strength & Conditioning qualifications.
- BASES accreditation.
The closing date for applications will be the 16th April 2017.
To apply for the position please send your CV and covering letter to