Jobs at Ipswich Town
Any vacancies that should arise at Ipswich Town FC will be posted here.
The Academy is now recruiting for a full-time Strength and Conditioning Coach to join the Performance Support team within the Academy. The Academy has a rich history of developing young footballers and the successful candidate will perform vital work that contributes to the successful player journey, and have the opportunity to develop as a practitioner to the highest level.
The Academy Strength and Conditioning coach will assist, manage & develop Sport Science and Strength and Conditioning strategies in addition to being an applied practitioner based within the Academy on a daily basis. The successful candidate will plan and deliver efficient and effective operations of the Ipswich Town Academy Strength & Conditioning Programme across all age phases (U9-U23), and with specific focus to the U18 & U9 to U16 squads.
The successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of the various Sports Science and Medicine disciplines and their impact on training and performance of elite athletes.
The outline purpose of the job is as follows:
The normal place of work will be the Ipswich Town Football Club Training Ground, Playford Road, Ipswich IP4 5RQ.
You will be expected to undertake travel as is necessary to fulfil your job requirements and to the satisfaction of Ipswich Town Football Club.
Flexibility is essential for this role. This is a full-time role requiring flexibility to work regular evenings and weekends, plus regular travel to away matches. Ability to work irregular and unsocial hours as required. Work may be subject to change with less than 24 hours notice on occasions.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR POST
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS FOR POST
Interested applicants should send covering letter and full CV to Head of Sports Science and Medicine, Jimmy Reynolds at James.Reynolds@itfc.co.uk. A full job specification will be supplied to interested applicants.
A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with Qualifications and experience.
The closing date for this position is Wednesday 21 August.
Ipswich Town FC are looking to add to their Matchday Hospitality Staff for the 2019/20 season.
Previous experience is not necessary as full training is provided.
We are looking for friendly staff members who have a can do attitude and strive to deliver excellent customer service.
You will need to be able to work under pressure, think on your feet and multitask where needed. You will work as part of a team and report into your Duty Manager
It is essential you have great communication skills, can work well with others and complete the tasks in hand. The hours are variable and will mainly be home matchdays, however once trained you have the opportunity to work on the events side of the business.
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.
All applicants must be over the age of 18.
Ipswich Town Football Club is looking to recruit lively and enthusiastic staff to work on match days to sell the popular half time lottery, Grab A Grand.
You will verbally promote and sell the Grab A Grand draw tickets pre-match, dealing with customers and handling cash. You will form part of a great team and there are many benefits.
For further information, please email email@example.com in the first instance and include your name and telephone number and please outline why you wish to form part of the team.
Have you got what it takes to be a Steward?
We need people to assist and direct spectators and to implement ground regulations at all our home games and other major events held at the stadium. You should be fit and active, calm under pressure, and have good communication skills.
Training to NVQ level Two is provided in Spectator Safety.
To apply, please download and complete the job application form (Application Form Stewards.docx) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ipswich Town FC’s Player Development Centres and Elite Programme wish to recruit experienced and suitably qualified part time staff to work across various venues in Suffolk and Essex.
A minimum of an FA Level 2 Coaching qualification and FA Module 2 (working towards module 3), together with an FA First Aid qualification, safeguarding workshop certification and valid DBS are required for the position.
Hours of work will be mainly evening, weekend and school holidays.
We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and undertake all relevant checks on the candidates we work with. You may be required to complete a DBS disclosure application for this role. References are always taken up for successful candidates. Ipswich Town Football Club welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
If interested please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum standard required, as detailed above.
Applications from candidates who do not have the relevant qualifications will not be considered or responded to.
You will only be contacted if you are invited for interview.
Ipswich Town Football Club participates in the Suffolk Schools Work Experience programme. We offer a week long placement in March and one in October.
We accept applications from Year 10 students directly and will not consider applications made on someone’s behalf.
If you would like to be considered for a placement, please send your CV and covering letter to- firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to levels of interest, we will only respond to written applications. If you have not hear back from us within two weeks of sending your CV and covering letter, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The March and October 2019 placements have been allocated.
We will not be accepting work experience applications for 2020 until December 2019.
ITFC HOST FAMILIES
If you would like to become a host family and can provide a warm and welcoming environment for our young players as they continue their full-time football development, we would like to hear from you.
We require host families to look after either our boys or girls aged 16-20, preferably with the ability to accommodate at least two players.
Lodgings should provide good quality accommodation in an area which provides easy access to the training ground (Playford Road, IP4 5RQ); in addition, homes must provide a safe setting for the apprentices to live during their weekly training schedule.
The actual accommodation required should have a room which the young player will not share with any other family member and can grow and thrive in your living environment.
Access to public transport and local amenities is desirable. The role will require residential accommodation either from Sunday evening until Saturday morning each week during the football season (usually last week in June until second week in May) or, for those players living further away from home, for seven days per week.
Within our girls programme the current commitment is only a Tuesday night although this may expand in the future. The host is required to provide high quality nutritional breakfasts and evening meals with the potential of occasional lunches. Really we are looking for a ‘home away from home’.
This is a very rewarding role and can obviously make a big impact on the lives and development of our young players.
We are also looking for homes that can provide temporary accommodation paid on a nightly basis for our trialists.
If you would like any more information or wish to discuss this further please get in touch.
Ralph Pruden, Head of Welfare and Education - email@example.com
Apprentice Groundsman Ipswich Town Football Club
The club is looking to recruit one apprentice to join its dynamic Grounds Team and help maintain the training ground pitches whilst assisting with the match day preparation of the stadium pitch.
The apprentice shall be overseen by the Grounds Manager. You will be working at both the Training Ground, Playford Road, Ipswich IP4 5RQ and at the Stadium, Portman Road, Ipswich IP1 2DA.
- Team Player (E)
- Enthusiastic (E)
- Ability to adapt to change and work under pressure (E)
- Willingness to work outdoors and in all weathers (E)
- Able to accept and carryout instructions (E)
- Undertake routine preparation and maintenance work in relation to playing surfaces as assigned by the Grounds Manager. Undertake all preparatory and cultivation work to maintain safe quality playing surfaces.
- Initial marking out and setting up of playing surfaces to a high standard undertaking all duties to ensure the best possible results are achieved.
- The safe use and operation of equipment and machinery used in grounds maintenance.
- Inform the supervisor and where instructed, take corrective action on mechanical defects or breakdown of equipment.
- At all times adhere to high standards in relation to Health and Safety upholding the Company policy in this respect.
- Ensure work area is kept clean, tidy and secure at all times.
- Undertake general grounds maintenance tasks in relation to the playing surface and surrounding areas.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, colleagues and end users.
- When dealing with customers / clients / public uphold high standards of customer care and attention at all times promoting the image of the Company.
Main job requirements and person specification:
- General Grounds Maintenance - Contribute to the upkeep/presentation of the site including verges, hedges & off-pitch areas.
- Mowing - Regular mowing of training areas using a variety of mowing equipment.
- Aeration, Brushing, Seeding etc.- Use of tractor units & utility vehicles with a wide range of attachments utilised for turf care maintenance.
- Marking out - To set-out & over mark pitches & pre-determined areas ready for play.
- Reinstatement Divotting - Divot repair work following play.
- Irrigation - Set-up & use both travelling & automated irrigation systems.
- Fertilizing - Apply appropriate sports turf granular fertilizer as directed as part of an annual nutritional programme.
- Matchday Preparation - Set-up goals, flags, etc. for scheduled matches at the Training Ground.
- Artificial Surface Maintenance - Regular brushing/grooming 3G artificial surfaces using specialised equipment.
Minimum of 3 x GCSE’s at Grade D/3 or above, including Maths and English, (or equivalent)
Training provider - Otley College
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Amenity Horticulture (sportsturf)
- Functional skills if required
Things to consider
This opportunity is predominantly for outdoor work so you can expect at times to be either hot cold or wet. You will be on your feet for most of the day.
Process to apply
Please email Sally.Boyle@itfc.co.uk
Closing date 2nd August 19
Start Date: Mid August 2019 or sooner
Expected: Duration: 18th Months
The Academy is now recruiting for Part-Time coaches in the Foundation Development Phase. The successful candidate will take responsibility for delivering the U9-U12 years Academy Coaching Programme in conjunction with the Head of Coaching, Academy Manager and Head of Foundation Phase.
The Coach will hold a UEFA B License with experience in coaching/teaching.
Interested applicants should send a covering letter and CV to Duncan Wheeler, Head of Foundation Phase at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this position is 5pm on Monday, 5 August.
- Plan, Prepare and Manage coaching and training sessions for Academy schoolboys using PMA.
- Attend Academy Matches and manage allocated team.
- Keep match day records, up to date registers of attendance and details of all players on PMA. All other records, session plans and forms as requested by Academy Manager to be promptly completed and logged on PMA.
- Prepare Player Reports twice per year as required by the Academy Manager.
- Attend the relevant Parent/Coaches meetings.
- Attend Internal In-service training, and look to undertake F.A. Courses to develop coaching experience and qualifications.
- Ensure availability of players for matches and training and communicate with coaches of adjacent teams to ensure sufficient squad members are available.
- Communicate match arrangements to all players.
- Report to age group changing room at least 15 minutes prior to training commencing.
- Collect and Return match kit to and from the agreed pick up point.
- Ensure that mini-buses and dressing room areas both at home and away are left tidy.
- Ensure pay claim forms are handed in on agreed dates, fully completed and signed.
- Be available to parents to discuss their child’s progress and encourage them to approach full-time staff members for feedback.
- At the end of each training session ensure all players have been collected by parent/guardian. Do not leave the premises until all your players have departed.
Responsible to and line managed by Academy Manager
Hours of Work: As required
Location: The normal place of work will be The Training Centre, Playford Road, Ipswich. The nature of the post will require travelling.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the medical department of Ipswich Town Football Club to gain valuable experience of working with high calibre and developing athletes during the 2019/2020 season and beyond.
The Academy has a rich history of developing young footballers and we are looking to expand our medical service to meet the growing needs of the Academy.
Alongside providing Match Day Academy cover, the successful applicant will be eligible to enter into the structured continuing professional development programme at ITFC, enabling Physiotherapists to work towards accreditation through the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Sport and Exercise Medicine (ACPSEM) CPD pathway, qualifications through the FIFA F-Marc and FA Learning, mentoring with Senior Sports Medicine specialists and development of Match Day Trauma Management skills.
Matchday Academy Physiotherapist Reporting to the Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine and Senior Academy Physiotherapist, the successful candidate will provide first class professional emergency pitch side first aid/trauma management and physiotherapy support to the playing staff of the U9-16 Academy teams on a matchday (Sunday and some occasional midweek fixtures).
Key responsibilities of the post include diagnosis and treatment of injuries on the pitch side of games, early rehabilitation and management programs, injury prevention strategies and first aid/trauma management. They will also assist other medical staff as required.
This is a casual part-time paid role working weekends, plus regular travel to away games. The normal place of work is at the Academy Training Centre at Playford Road. Away games are situated throughout the southeast of the country and travel is provided.
Remuneration: Home Game: £50/per match.
Away Game: £75/per match.
We are looking for pro-active individuals with experience who are up to date with current literature, who understands their scope of practice, and who seeks to develop their skills.
Essential: Completed BSc Physiotherapy degree or equivalent. Be registered with the CSP and HCPC. First Aid Qualification. Personal Qualities: - Good communicator. - Organised. - Approachable. - Professional. - Team worker.
Desirable: Previous experience of working within a paediatric elite football environment. FA ITMMiF (Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football) Undertaken Sports Trauma Management training.
Application Details: PLEASE INCLUDE: A CV along with covering letter to: email@example.com
Performance Analysis Work Placement 2019/2020
Ipswich Town Football Club are looking to provide a work placement opportunity for the 2019/20 season
which will focus on the support and delivery of performance analysis alongside the coaching programme
within our Academy.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
To liaise with our Head of Academy Performance Analysis to specifically support the analysis processes with
our YDP, FDP phases (U16-U9).
• Assist in the filming and coding of academy matches home and away.
• Assist in the delivery of individual, unit and team based analysis sessions.
• Assist in the filming and databasing of training sessions for coach CPD & best practice.
• Perform any other duties as required within the clubs performance analysis department.
• Currently undertaking a BSc in Performance Analysis or related discipline with a sandwich year work
• Effective communication & organisational skills.
• Understanding and knowledge of industry software & hardware.
• Excellent IT skills particularly on Apple Mac’s.
• Good knowledge of football.
• Show enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop.
• Strong work ethic and understanding of the demands of the role.
• Maintain the highest regard for confidentiality with sensitive information.
• Complete enhanced FA CRB check with Ipswich Town.
• FA coaching qualifications.
• Experience of delivering performance analysis support to athletes and coaches within professional sport.
• This will be a voluntary full time work placement opportunity as part of a BSc sandwich year.
• The placement will run throughout the 2019/20 season until 7th May 2020.
• Based at Ipswich Town Training Ground.
• Attend training & undertake CPD within in the club.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31st August referencing
‘Ipswich Town Performance Analysis Work Placement’.
A Position has become available for an energetic, highly motivated and accomplished Bars Manager. The successful candidate must have excellent organisation and communication skills. Must be able to handle cash and have exceptional numeracy. Be a team player but be autonomous. Understand the need for flexibility in the role.
Working with and supporting the Hospitality & Events delivery team in the running of the Front of House/Operations Department. Assisting with coordinating the delivery of the day-to-day business. along with the delivery of match day hospitality. Ensuring an excellent working relationship with the commercial team. And to deliver an efficient service, delighting customers and exceed expectations.
The role involves weekend and shift work. The successful applicant will be responsible for all licensing matters and a Personal Licence is preferable as is a fork lift driving licence.
The successful candidate will have had previous experience in a similar or related role, reporting to the Director of Sales & Senior Duty Manager.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Operational efficiency, planning and delivery of all designated bar operations. Ensuring designated bars are fully stocked for matches and events.
- Stock control including weekly and monthly stock takes.
- Ordering of stock for designated bars to meet demand for match days and events and ensuring that purchasing costs remain competitive.
- Taking delivery of all stock and ensuring the distribution of the stock to designated bars.
- Assist in bar staff recruitment and training of employees.
- Pre-match and pre-event implementation.
- Post-match and post-event clear down.
- Ensure all designated bar areas meet regulatory health and safety standards and are hygienically cleaned.
- Management of cellar equipment, to include line cleaning, barrel changing all designated bars plus the cleaning of glasses, glass washers and fridges along with the management of any vending machines and boilers.
- Ensure the designated bars till system is updated with F&B stock and prices are updated and managed.
- To undertake general administration duties.
- To adhere to the weekly rota.
- Handle cash
- Understand the requirement for a range products including cask ale knowledge.
- Room setting for events/match days including the movement of furniture.
- To assist with other activities and handle special projects as required by the department and business in its entirety.
- To effectively liaise with pouring rights provider and maintain excellent working relationships ensuring quality product.
- Work with and support the Hospitality & Events team and supervise the match day delivery of the designated bars.
- Be a team player and personable.
- Presentable and accountable.
- Customer focused.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
FOODBANK IN FANZONE FOR ROTHERHAM CLASH15 Hours ago
Town to help those in need as senior squad supports cause
BOSS | WILSON TALKS SOON16 October 2019
“The lad has done great for us. He had no pre-season and came in and has been terrific"
WAITING GAME SAYS BOSS16 October 2019
Too early to call on Norwood, Downes and Vincent-Young