Jobs at Ipswich Town
Any vacancies that should arise at Ipswich Town FC will be posted here.
Ipswich Town Football Club are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and forward thinking Lead Strength & Conditioning Coach to work within the Academy, leading the physical development and physical performance program.
The Academy Lead Strength and Conditioning coach will lead, manage & develop Sport Science and Strength and Conditioning strategies in addition to being an applied practitioner based within the academy on a daily basis. The successful candidate will plan and deliver efficient and effective operations of the Ipswich Town Academy Strength & Conditioning Programme across all age phases (U9-U23), and with specific focus to the U23 & U18 squads.
Ipswich Town Football Club has a rich history of developing young footballers, and has a Sports Science and Medicine department that is innovative, successful, forward thinking and is recognised for its excellence.
The successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of the various Sports Science and Medicine disciplines and their impact on training and performance of elite athletes.
Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine
Based on experience and qualifications
Permanent (Full Time)
- To oversee, coordinate, develop and implement Strength and Conditioning training in relation to the Professional Development Phase (PDP) alongside the Head of Sports Science and Medicine.
- To oversee and coordinate Strength and Conditioning training across the Foundation Development Phase (FDP) and the Youth Development Phase (YDP) alongside the Head of Sports Science and Medicine.
- To assess, plan and deliver Strength and Conditioning training to individual, small groups and teams on a daily basis, and as and when required by the ITFC Elite Performance Development Model focussing on Physical Development and Physical Performance outcomes.
- To oversee, coordinate, develop and implement Physical Development and Physical Performance testing, and contribute to the Physical Benchmarking of ITFC Academy.
- To oversee, manage and work collaboratively with all relevant staff in the management and reporting of physical exertion and training load monitoring for the PDP through the utilisation of GPS and subjective monitoring tools.
- To contribute to the Physical reporting of player development through the six and 12 week cycle player reviews.
- To ensure all relevant information is correctly input into the Performance Management/Clock applications (PMA).
- To be an integral part of the Elite Performance team, in conjunction with other medical, sports science, strength and conditioning, and psychology staff, in the development of both the Physical Development and Physical Performance pathways for the PDP.
- To ensure Youth Development Phase (YDP) players are physically ready to transition to PDP training alongside the medical team.
- To work within the multidisciplinary team to ensure elite player development.
The normal place of work will be the Ipswich Town Football Club Training Ground, Playford Road, Rushmere, Ipswich IP4 5RQ.
You will be expected to undertake travel as is necessary to fulfil your job requirements and to the satisfaction of Ipswich Town Football Club.
Flexibility is essential for this role. This is a full-time role requiring flexibility to work regular evenings and weekends, plus regular travel to away matches. Ability to work irregular and unsocial hours as required. Work may be subject to change with less than 24 hours notice on occasions.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR POST
- BSc (Hons) Sports Science or equivalent.
- Experience working in the athletic development of paediatric populations.
- UKSCA Accredited or ability to achieve within a year/or equivalent.
- Organisational & effective managerial skills.
- Excellent reporting skills (verbal & written).
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft office software.
- Working knowledge of EPPP.
- Complete enhanced FA DBS check with Ipswich Town.
- Attend an emergency Aid course provided.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS FOR POST
- Masters degree in a relevant field.
- Physical Performance pathway level 3.
- Experience working in a professional football club.
- Specialist Strength & Conditioning qualifications.
- BASES accreditation.
The closing date for applications will be the 20th September 2017.
Interviews to be held on week commencing 25th September 2017.
To apply for the position, and review the full job specification, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com along with your suggested salary.
Ipswich Town FC are looking to add to their Match Day Hospitality Staff for the 2017-2018 season.
Ideally previous experience within the Hospitality Sector is desirable, however it’s not essential as training is provided.
We are looking for friendly staff members who have a can do attitude and strive to deliver excellent customer service.
You will need to be able to work under pressure, think on your feet and multitask where needed. You will work as part of a team and report into your Duty Manager
It is essential you have great communication skills, can work well with others and complete the tasks in hand. The hours are variable and will mainly be match days, however once trained you have the opportunity to work on the events side of the business.
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV
All applicants must be over the age of 18.
The Academy is now recruiting for the position of Lead Coach for their exciting new initiative with the FA Women's U21 East Region Academy.
This will be a fixed term contract for up to two years.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for leading the coaching programme for U16-U21 year old apprentices.
The Lead Coach (full-time) will be a qualified coach with experience of coaching Elite players.
In particular, the successful candidate will: -
- Work in partnership with the FA to develop individual players, within its regional and national programmes.
- Deliver the Academy Coaching Programme in conjunction with the Head of Coaching and player development and to work practically with players and coaches on a daily basis.
- Develop elite female players in line with the holistic approach of the long term player development model.
- Work in conjunction with the Academy Education Officer, to promote a dual pathway.
The successful applicant will be required to work as part of a team whilst being self-motivated and able to manage own workload.
Interested applicants should send covering letter and full cv indicating required salary (which will be commensurate with qualifications and experience) to Academy Operations Manager, Helen Broughton at email@example.com
The closing date for this position is 17 August. Interviews will be held on 22 August.
Ipswich Town FC’s Player Development Centres and Elite Programme wish to recruit experienced and suitably qualified part time staff to work across various venues in Suffolk and Essex.
A minimum of an FA Level 2 Coaching qualification and FA Module 2 (working towards module 3), together with an FA First Aid qualification, safeguarding workshop certification and valid DBS are required for the position.
Hours of work will be mainly evening, weekend and school holidays.
If interested please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum standard required, as detailed above.
Applications from candidates who do not have the relevant qualifications will not be considered or responded to.
You will only be contacted if you are invited for interview.
Studio Fashion Models Sought
Ipswich Town FC are looking to collate a database of available studio fashion models to enable the Club to enhance the presentation of our retail fashion range online and in-store.
We are looking for models of all ages, both sexes and any ethnicity. Model applicants under the age of 18 MUST have written permission from a parent or guardian to support their application. Due to our range covering all ages, from time to time we do look to use child, toddler and baby models. If you are a parent who would like to recommend your child for this, we’ll be happy for you to apply on their behalf.
This work is voluntary (unpaid). We will however be happy to share photography images from the studio team to assist with developing a personal portfolio.
Previous modelling experience is not required - it is an advantage - however don't let this put you off if you are new to modelling, or are just looking for the experience. We expect applicants to be comfortable in front of the camera, have a professional attitude, and be good with taking direction. Applicants must be flexible with availability, and be able to work at short notice (if necessary).
Please send all registrations of interest and test shots to email@example.com. Test shots should be a minimum of (i) Full length body shot (ii) headshot.
Ipswich Town FC cannot guarantee any work to any applicant. At this stage we are starting to collate our model database which will continue on an ongoing basis. Model applications will be kept securely on our database indefinitely. The Club will then contact suitable applicants for upcoming photoshoots as and when required.
Centerplate are on the lookout for retail concourse staff to work on matchdays throughout the 2017/18 season.
The main duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing an efficient service to all visitors and staff while serving food and drink to them.
- To upsell and promote our products.
- To deliver fantastic customer service at all times.
- Be responsible for ensuring all areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
For more information, or to register you interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Required for Shop & Kiosk work
Must be available to work majority of ITFC home match days (includes Evening & Weekends)
Various hours available
Customer Service / Cash Handling experience preferred but not essential as training is provided
CV’s can be dropped in to Planet Blue on Portman Road, posted to Retail Manager, Ipswich Town Football Club, Portman Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2DA, or emailed to email@example.com
ITFC are looking to recruit matchday turnstile operators. You will need to have good communication skills, the ability to work under pressure and preferably have some cash handling experience. Training will be provided.
Application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first inst.ce
Ipswich Town FC are continually recruiting voluntary mystery shoppers, interested in volunteering 30 minutes of their time along with their thoughts and feedback on the Club’s Planet Blue retail store. Voluntary mystery shoppers are asked to visit the store on a set time/date (suitable to their availability), carry out a purchase and complete an online survey within 24 hours of their successful visit. The feedback received from these anonymous visits is critical to the desire for continuous improvement within the Club’s retail operation and assists the department to obtain a regular feedback critique which is fed back into the store management team.
Ideal candidates should;
- Be aged 18 or over
- Have access to an emailed online survey
- Have varied availability to visit the Planet Blue stadium store between 9am – 5pm, Monday to Saturday
- Be willing to observe in-store customer service and feedback an honest, unbiased opinion
- Be anonymous as a mystery shopper to all staff at Ipswich Town FC
- Be willing to process a cash or debit card payment in-store
Any product(s) purchased during the visit are returned immediately after the visit to the store and are not kept by the mystery shopper. All purchases made in-store will be refunded immediately after your visit to the store with full instructions given on how to claim this prior to your visit.
Those interested in assisting the club on an occasional basis should email their confirmation of interest to email@example.com in the first instance.
The Club offer a pair of home league match tickets to a match of the volunteers choice for each successfully completed visit and accompanying feedback survey.
Have you got what it takes to be a Steward? We need people to assist and direct spectators and to implement ground regulations at all our home games and other major events held at the Stadium. You should be fit and active, calm under pressure, and have good communication skills.
Training to NVQ level Two is provided in Spectator Safety.
Send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
TOWN 5 SUNDERLAND 22 Hours ago
Blues back in the top six after goals galore at Portman Road
PREVIEW | TOWN V SUNDERLAND6 Hours ago
All you need to know ahead of the visit of the Black Cats
DIDZ GETS IRELAND CALL7 Hours ago
McGoldrick named in initial squad for World Cup deciders