Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines provide great prize in half-time crossbar challenge
Ipswich Town have linked up with Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines to provide a fantastic prize to the winner of our new half-time game.
The competition will see three Town fans invited on to the Portman Road pitch at every home game up to the end of April to test their skills in front of the Sir Bobby Robson Stand in a crossbar challenge, sponsored by Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines.
Each competitor will have two efforts each at hitting the bar. If they hit the target they will automatically qualify for the grand final to take place at the last Championship game of the season, against Sheffield Wednesday on May 3.
The final will see an extra ingredient to the challenge but we will explain more nearer the time. If there are more than four finalists, a semi-final eliminator will take place.
So it’s that simple, hit the bar and you can be a winner!
Each competitor will receive two free tickets for the game they are taking part in.
What you win
The prize on offer from Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines is a £2000 seven-night cruise for two people in May from Harwich to the Norwegian Fjords, home to some of Europe’s most naturally beautiful scenery.
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines’ Norwegian Celebration will take you along stunning waterways, surrounded by mountains and thundering waterfalls.
Your first port of call will be Eidfjord, which sits at the head of the magnificent Hardangerfjord and offers some of the most breathtaking views of the fjords. Next, your cruise ship continues on to picturesque Flåm, followed by a stop in the wonderful city of Bergen. This exciting Hanseatic port offers stunning views from the peak of Mount Floien, small wooden buildings that line the old waterfront just waiting to be explored, and the famous fish market.
All food is included on your cruise and you will be staying in a superior outside cabin.
How to enter
A Crossbar Challenge question will be published in each matchday programme and via the Club’s other communication channels in the lead up to the next home game.
The answer to each question can be found on www.fredolsencruises.com. All entrants who answer the question correctly will go into a draw for the next game and three will be pulled out to take part.
To take part in the Championship game against Reading scheduled for January 25, answer the following question.
What’s the name of the Fred. Olsen ship that sails to the Amazon?
Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your name, address and contact details by the closing date of midnight on January 17.
Have a look below at the first Crossbar Challenge competition at the QPR game.
Competition Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
• Competitors must be over the age of 18 and UK resident and be in possession of a current full UK passport.
• Competitors must be in attendance at the specified match to participate in the competition and be seated their allocated seat for the full match
• Competitors must answer the question set out correctly and sign a disclaimer prior to the activity.
• Details of prizewinners' names and counties may be published by the Promoters and the Competitor agree that, should the Competitor be a winner of the Prize, then the Promoters may publicise statements made by or attributed to the Competitor relating to the Promoters or the prize or any other promotion or offer together with the Competitor likeness, unless otherwise requested. A list of the names and counties of prize winners are available by emailing the Promoters at email@example.com marking the Competitor email “Winners list" to arrive before 4th May 2014.
• The Promoters reserve the right to modify, alter, discontinue or terminate these competitions at any time for any reason whatsoever without notice.
• There will be no cash equivalents for any prizes offered.
• The Promoters reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances make this necessary. Prizes are subject to Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines terms and conditions.
• The Promoters will contact the Competitor(s) by telephone within 24 hours of the Competitor(s) being chosen. If the Competitor(s) does not respond within 48 hours of being contacted, a new Competitor(s) will be randomly drawn from all the entries received.
• The judge’s decision is final and binding; no correspondence will be entered into. All participants by entering this draw confirm that it has requested and consented to the Promoters retaining competitors information on our database to be the Promoters to assist in communicating products and services which may be of interest to the competitor. Any entry will be void if it is deemed (in the Promoter's discretion) (i) to be incomplete or unreadable or (ii) to have been made by an ineligible person or a person who (in the Promoter's opinion) is tampering or attempting to tamper with the proper conduct of the Draw.
• All entries must be received by the closing date specified on itfc.co.uk and entries received after this date will not be included in the prize draw.
• The winners of the Prize Draw will be the first three valid entries drawn at random who have answered the question correctly.
• Acceptance of these Rules is a condition of entry. These Rules are subject to interpretation under the law of England and Wales, and to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All entries are the property of the Promoter.
The promoters are Ipswich Town Football Club Co Ltd, Portman Road, Ipswich IP1 2DA and Fred Olsen Cruise Lines of Fred. Olsen House, White House Road, Ipswich IP1 5LL. •