Striker struggling with a calf injury but Town to be boosted by McGoldrick return
- Top scorer suffers calf injury in training
- Blues boosted by McGoldrick return though
- Sears hoping for home debut at the weekend
Town boss Mick McCarthy has confirmed that Daryl Murphy is set to miss Saturday’s clash with Wigan with a calf injury.
The striker, Town’s top scorer with 18 goals this season, sustained the injury in training earlier this week and is likely to be ruled out of the weekend clash with the Latics.
LATEST ON WWW.ITFC.CO.UK
- Kevin Bru on wanting to chip in
- Darren eyes Premier League return
- Ticket priority system in place for Norwich
There is better news regarding his strike partner David McGoldrick though, who has trained fully this week after a spell on the sidelines through injury.
The former Forest man is expected to be in the squad, alongside fellow strikers Noel Hunt and Freddie Sears- the latter hoping to make his Town debut.
Teddy Bishop is also fit again, although Luke Hyam and Dean Gerken are still ruled out.