Great opportunity to join the busy retail team at Portman Road, working in our Planet Blue megastore
ASSISTANT RETAIL STORE MANAGER
Reporting to: Director of Retail Operations & Retail Store Manager
Key relationships: Director of Retail Operations, Assistant Head of Retail, Retail Administrator, Warehouse Manager, Store Supervisor(s), Warehouse Staff, Full Time & Part Time store/matchday staff, Maintenance staff, Cleaning Staff.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist Retail Store Manager in the management and motivation of a team of retail store staff. Training and developing staff in accordance with company policies and employment law, ensuring relevant HR procedures are followed.
- Managing sales and customer service, ensuring staff competence to assist with excellent levels of sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Assist with planning an effective merchandising layout, following guidelines where set. Ensure store appearance and image are maintained to a high standard, including reporting of maintenance issues where required.
- Assist with the provision of a first class merchandise and ticket sales operation in-store through the professional management of staff and resources.
- Assist with the recruitment of the casual store staff team. Induct new members of staff into the store team and assist with initial training.
- Assist with the management of cash and payment systems in accordance with company policies. Reporting any shortages and over values to Director of Retail Operations and Retail Store Manager within 24 hours.
- Assist the Retail Store Manager with the planning of staffing rota’s, ensuring staffing costs are kept on target and within budget as set by the Director of Retail Operations.
- Manage Health & Safety, Security and Emergency systems within store. Ensure staff and customers health and safety requirements are consistently met. Immediate reporting of any incidents/accidents within store to Director of Retail Operations, Retail Store Manager and Health & Safety Officer.
- Duty manage the stores in the absence of the Retail Store Manager.
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge of industry, competitor activity, pricing and tactics and communicate this to relevant departments in club.
- Offer feedback and contribute to club retail strategy and policy making as requested by Retail Store Manager.
- Assist with the management of shrinkage within stores through staff awareness, proactive theft prevention and thorough, effective product management.
- Assist with the planning of an effective matchday programme sales operation. Plan staffing, stock levels and reconcile post-sales alongside Retail Store Manager.
Key tasks/focus areas:
- Assist with the day-to-day management of Planet Blue Portman Road, Planet Bluey (Matchday) and additional Matchday pop-up/kiosk stores.
- Customer Service levels will be monitored and managed with the expectation of excellent customer service to be up kept at all times. Staff should be encouraged to gain product knowledge and offer assistance to all customers to improve sales.
- Maintain a strong staff team with regular training, strong inductions and personal development of all staff members. Any concerns over lack of development of individual staff members should be reported to - Director of Retail Operations and Retail Store Manager. Staff should be regularly reviewed and feedback should always be given.
- Assist to create effective visual merchandising in store; ensuring stores displays are kept fresh and current. Maximise sales opportunities through proactive merchandising promoting link selling.
- Ensure store sales floor areas are kept clean and well maintained. Product displays should show strong standards and staff should be conscious of checking displays on a daily basis.
- Stores should be clean and tidy, ensuring that sales floor areas are cleaned on a regular rota.