EFL BACKS RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING CAMPAIGN AS NEW FIVE YEAR PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT IS REACHED WITH SKY BET
The EFL’s title partner Sky Bet has today launched a new commitment to responsible gambling as the two parties announce a record five-year partnership that will see the sports gaming company continue as headline sponsor of the Sky Bet EFL until 2023/24.
The new agreement represents a 20% year-on-year increase from 2019/20 on the current deal and will see the working relationship extended to 11 years, making it one of the longest and most significant partnerships in professional sport.
At the heart of the relationship is a new marketing campaign led by Sky Bet, underpinned by an enhanced Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), designed to help its customers stay in control and gamble safely. The campaign argues that “When the fun stops. Stop.” and will be prominent across online, print, radio and on TV, while sleeve patches worn by all EFL players will feature a responsible gambling message to illustrate both parties’ commitment to the cause.
Under the new agreement, Sky Bet will:
· Remain as the EFL’s title sponsor on a worldwide basis.
· Remain as the exclusive betting and gaming partner of EFL Digital.
· Become the official betting and gaming partner of iFollow.
· Have the right to live stream 16 midweek EFL Championship fixtures on a ‘watch and bet’ basis.
· Have the right to live stream content from Club grounds such as squad details and live odds from inside EFL grounds on a matchday.
· Remain as title partner of the Sky Bet Play-Offs.
· Display branding in stadiums at all EFL matches.
· In addition to the Player of the Month, Manager of the Month and Goal of the Month Awards, Sky Bet will have the right to award a ‘Golden Boot’ to the top scorer in each division at the end of the season. They will also have the right to award a ‘Golden Glove’ to the top goalkeeper.
EFL Chief Executive, Shaun Harvey, said: “This agreement represents the largest title sponsorship in EFL history and once again illustrates how our commercial operations are maximising the revenue opportunities and exposure for the EFL and its Clubs.
“Sky Bet has been a significant and valued partner since first sponsoring the EFL in 2013/14. They have helped support the growth of the EFL and its competitions and I would like to thank Sky Bet, not only for their efforts in the partnership to date, but also for their vision and foresight during the negotiation phase.
“I am delighted that an agreement has been reached and the EFL is looking forward to continuing to work with our friends at Sky Bet from now until 2024 on enhancing the experience for supporters whilst ensuring this is done in the most appropriate and responsible way.”
Sky Betting & Gaming Chief Executive, Richard Flint, added: “We’re delighted to sign this new deal with the EFL and believe the additional focus we and the League are both placing on responsible gambling will show that well run betting operators can play an active part in raising awareness of problem gambling. By using our sponsorship and marketing capabilities to highlight how customers can gamble safely we hope to ensure that nothing gets in the way of people’s enjoyment of sport, definitely not betting.”