Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports


23 July 2019

Jackson on target again but injury to Nydam a concern for Town

Tristan Nydam left the field on a stretcher as Town drew 1-1 with Notts County in a pre-season friendly.

The 19-year-old, who lined up at full-back for Paul Lambert's side, was forced off on the hour mark following a strong but fair challenge with County's Dion Kelly-Evans.

After seven minutes of treatment, Nydam was carried off the pitch and received a standing ovation from both sets of supporters.

Nathan Tyson opened the scoring for the hosts with Kayden Jackson finding the net for Blues in the second half at Meadow Lane.

The game started slowly with neither side creating any genuine chances until the deadlock was broken in the 41st minute. Tyson collected a loose ball on the edge of the penalty area before firing low into the bottom corner with his left foot.

The hosts almost doubled their advantage in the second half following a miscommunication between Town 'keeper Bartosz Bialkowski and centre-half Corrie Ndaba, but Emyr Huws did well to clear for Blues.

Seven minutes after the restart Nydam went down and looked to be in a lot of pain. Physios from both clubs treated the youngster for what looked to be a serious leg injury before he departed in the 60th minute.

On 66 Jackson levelled for the visitors. The striker latched on to a through ball before calmly slotting the ball under Magpies shot-stopper Ross Fitzsimons from the right side of the box.

Town pressed for a winner in the closing stages, and had the ball in the net when James Norwood stabbed in Corrie Ndaba's knock down, but the striker was adjudged to be offside.

Despite there being seven minutes of additional time, neither team could find a winner.

Town: Bialkowski, Emmanuel (Dozzell 45'), Woolfenden (Wilson (T) 45'), Guthrie (T) (Ndaba 45'), Nydam (Clements 60'), Skuse, Dobra, El Mizouni (Norwood 79'), Huws, Garbutt (Rowe 71'), Jackson. Subs not used: Holy, Downes.

Pic: JMS Photos.

Advertisement block