Town to help those in need as senior squad supports cause
Town are hosting a foodbank in the FanZone ahead of Blues' clash with Rotherham at Portman Road on Wednesday, 23 October [kick-off 7.45pm].
FIND (Families in Need), who are a Suffolk-based charity which supports all those in need, will be collecting non-perishable items at the entrance of the FanZone from 6pm until 7.30pm.
Town's first-team squad have also contributed to the cause with a donation from their wages, with Gwion Edwards and Cole Skuse keen to help as soon as they heard about the initiative.
"As a group we thought it was a no-brainer to contribute," Gwion told the Club website.
"It's important for us as players to give back to the community and especially families that are in need.
"We hope that the donation will make a real difference."
This is the second year in a row that Blues have hosted a foodback for a fixture at Portman Road, with the first being against Wigan Athletic in December 2018.
FIND have asked for the following items to be donated:
- Tinned: meat, fish, vegetables, baked beans, fruit, desserts and soups.
- Dry food: sugar, tea, coffee, biscuits and sweets.
- Clothing: thermal hats, gloves and socks for men, women and children.
- Toiletries: All toiletries for men, women and children.
- Other: Items with long shelf life including long-life whole milk.
The foodbank will be located at the entrance to the FanZone on the corner of Sir Alf Ramsey Way and Constantine Road.
Supporters must donate their items as soon as they enter the FanZone.