Blues to recruit new digital media editor as Pringle heads to St James
After four years at Portman Road, Town’s social and digital media manager, Grant Pringle, is joining Newcastle United in the Premier League so…
Ipswich Town Football Club are looking for a digital media editor to join the communications department.
Job Title: Digital Media Editor
Employer: Ipswich Town Football Club
Contract type: Full-time, permanent
Hours: Contracted to 37.5 hours per week but the role requires flexibility to work some evenings and weekends. You will be required to work all home matchdays and away fixtures.
Location: Ipswich, Portman Road stadium
Closing date for applications: Tuesday, 15 October 2019
Roles and responsibilities
- You will play a leading role in the Club’s social media output, including
the production and delivery of video content for social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- You will need to be present for all first-team media conferences
- You will need to generate engaging content for the Club’s iFollow service
- Have the ability to be able to film - both in quality of picture and sound - interviews, match action and features.
- Be able to edit video quickly and effectively, often against deadlines
- Play a leading role in the management of all the Club’s social media accounts
- Conduct interviews with playing and coaching staff and other Club personnel if required
- Be able to operate as part of a small team but also be comfortable taking full responsibility to work independently
- Have a creative mind and come up with interesting editorial features across the Club, primarily on the playing side but also on off-field activities
- To ensure compliance with all relevant Club policies, including health and safety policies
- To build and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally
- To keep confidential any information regarding the Club and its personnel
- To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time
- Competency with all Adobe editing platforms
- An understanding of social media and its relevance and impact in a sporting environment
- A strong knowledge of football
- A qualification or degree in journalism or a similar field
- Working knowledge of EFL Digital CMS
- Basic understanding of NeuLion programmes
- Broad understanding and background of the use of social media analytics
- A background of working in a football-related environment
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining any relevant experience and your suitability to fill the position to email@example.com. Closing date is Tuesday, 15 October 2019.
Due to the number of expected applicants the Club will not be replying to every applicant.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the essential requirements.