Sign up to be in with a chance of winning a match-worn Luke Woolfenden shirt
Ipswich Town Community Trust have introduced a new football programme called 'ITFC skill centres' which are for children aged between 6-12 years.
The skill centres are weekly technical coaching sessions for both outfield players and goalkeepers who are looking to improve their footballing ability. Children may play for local clubs and schools, or be completely new to football.
The sessions cover specific practices that will allow players to improve their technical and social skills through drills and small-sided matches under the watchful eyes of qulaified Town coaches.
As a celebration of the Trust's sessions at the brand new Copleston Sports Centre – every child that is registered and attends the first session on Tuesday, 22 September will be entered into a FREE PRIZE DRAW and will be in with a chance of winning a match-worn Luke Woolfenden shirt from last season.
A replica FA Cup will also be taken around the different session venues for children to have their photo taken.
The Community Trust are offering bookings for 'Block 1' which is a 14 week period from W/C September 21 through until W/C January 25. There is also an option for 'Block 2' which is a 14 week period starting on W/C February 1 until W/C June 7. Both blocks are priced at £49.
Sessions are taking place at the following six venues around the region:
- Portman Road practice pitch - Wednesdays (outfield and goalkeepers) and Thursdays (goalkeepers only) - 5pm-6pm (U7 - U12)
- King Edwards VI School, Bury St Edmunds - Mondays (outfield and goalkeepers) - 6pm-7pm for U7-U9 and 7pm-8pm for U10-U12.
- Beccles Town FC - Mondays (outfield and goalkeepers) - 5.30pm-6.30pm for U7-U9 and 6.30pm-7.30pm for U10-U12.
- East Bergholt High School - (outfield and goalkeepers) - Fridays - 5.30pm-6.30pm for U7-U9 and 6.30pm-7.30pm for U10-U12.
- Copleston Sports Centre - (outfield players only) - Tuesdays - 5pm-6pm for U7-U12.
To book your child on to a session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or book online by clicking here