Matchday experience opportunity for local teams
Ipswich Town Community Trust will be having an increased presence on matchday at Portman Road this season in the FanZone, whilst also offering an exciting matchday experience for local football teams.
The Trust will play a key role in ensuring activities in the FanZone such as the inflatable penalty shootout and 5-a-side football run smoothly.
Qualified staff from the Community Trust will also be on hand to support and provide information on upcoming events and initiatives.
If you’re a regular visitor to the FanZone on matchday, keep your eyes peeled for new activities and competitions to win some great prizes. Alongside this, the Community Trust will be working with supporters currently unable or not quite ready to return to games with some online and smaller face-to-face group fun sessions.
The Community Trust are now able to re-launch their ‘Matchday Experience’ for local football teams between U7s and U12s. This opportunity sees younger fans at the centre of the action on the field turf, in the stadium, meeting a first-team player and one of the Club mascots.
Please find below information and itinerary [for 3pm kick-off]:
- Midday arrival at Portman Road and enjoy a 45 minute training session which includes a small-sided game with qualified staff
- It’s time for a mini-tour of the stadium
- Get ready to have a photograph taken with your group and a first-team player (this is sent to you after the match).
- Go back into the FanZone area at 1.30pm and meet up with parents to have some more fun
- Take your seat and a well earned rest to cheer Paul Cook's side to victory.
Please note – accompanying adults can enter the field turf to watch the training session/game, however only the two grassroots coaches will be able to take part in the stadium tour with the children. Children will return to the FanZone where the group can again meet up and enjoy the rest of the experience.
This package will consist of your two coaches, 14 players and 14 accompanying adults (30 in total). Child price includes match ticket and take part in the event with accompanying adult tickets at a discounted rate for the fixture.
The matchday stadium tour provides a unique insight into the world of professional football and a chance for you to see parts of the ground which are usually reserved strictly for players and match officials.
The tour will lead you to the Boardroom and the Champions Lounge. Included in these areas are cabinets displaying International caps, FA Cup and Championship medals and replica UEFA Cup, FA Cup and Play-Off final trophies. The tour also visits the directors box for one of the best views in the stadium, take in the Media Suite where the manager gives his press conferences after each game. Unfortunately, due to Covid restrictions we're unable to take supporters pitchside for the tour.
- The child ticket will cost £12
- The adult ticket will cost £24
- Tickets will be situated in the upper tier of the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand
- Total cost £540 (30 tickets)
Please note the terms & conditions below:
- Please make sure child playing is wearing appropriate kit to play in, is wearing astro trainers and shin pads (No BOOTS to be worn).
- Only one adult ticket available to accompany one child.
- Parents must be wearing sensible footwear i.e. no high heels for ladies due to health and safety requirements.
- There is no parking on site
- All Ipswich Town Football Club Ground Regulations apply.
We are taking bookings for the fixtures now, so please CLICK HERE to consider which home game may be of interest to you and your team. If you would like to book in for a fixture or need any further information, please get in touch ASAP by contacting email@example.com. We anticipate that this opportunity will again be popular and therefore places are taken on a first come first served basis.