Ipswich Town Football Club - Gender Pay Gap Report 2021
We are required to publish details annually of our gender pay gap which includes all staff and players. For the purposes of this report the results are based on the snapshot date of 5 April 2020 for hourly rates of pay and the bonuses paid to staff in the 12 months to that date.
There are six metrics that we are required to report on:
- Difference in the mean pay of men and women stated as a percentage;
- Difference in the median pay of men and women stated as a percentage;
- Difference in mean bonus pay of men and women stated as a percentage;
- Difference in median bonus pay of men and women stated as a percentage;
- Proportion of men and women who received a bonus;
- Proportion of men and women in each of the four quartile bands.
Football is a sport in which the highest earning roles are almost exclusively held by men and this has a significant impact on our results. We ensure that staff carrying out equal work are paid equal salaries - dependent on experience and qualifications.
Gender Pay and Bonus Gap
- Pay Gap 71.61% 16.29%
- Bonus Gap 89.33% 39.02% *
* We have a Corporate Hospitality team that is mainly female and earn commission. Mid range bonuses paid in the year to 5 April 2020 were lower for female employees when compared to the male employees.
Proportion of staff receiving a bonus in the 12 months to 5 April 2020
- Male 26.12%
- Female 2.52%
Quartile Male Female
- Lower 49.29% 50.71%
- Lower Middle 72.86% 27.14%
- Upper Middle 75.00% 25.00%
- Upper 89.29% 10.71%